Plymouth UCC Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation
Subjects: Corporate Records
Description: The 1975 Amendment to the Articles of Association of Plymouth Congregational Church of Detroit.
Date: April 14, 1975
Original Format: Corporate Document
Transcript: C&S – 117 (For Use by Ecclesiastical Corporations)
Certificate of Amendment to the Articles of Association of Plymouth Congregational Church of Detroit
The undersigned persons who control the temporal affairs of the above named corporation, for the purpose of amending the Articles of Association of the corporation, do hereby execute the following Certificate of Amendment, pursuant to the provisions of Section 182, Act 327, Public Acts of 1931, as amended:
1. The name of the corporation is: Plymouth Congregational Church of Detroit. The location of the registered office is (600 Warren Avenue, East (struckthrough) 514 Garfield, Detroit, Michigan 48201.
2. Article I of the Articles of Association is hereby amended to read as follows: (Any article being amended is required to be set forth in its entirety.)
The name of this Church shall be PLYMOUTH UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST (CONGREGATIONAL).
3. The necessary number of members as required by statute, at a meeting held on the 29th day of January, 1974, voted in favor of the amendment.
4. The following is a Copy of the Call for the Meeting (The call notifying the members of the meeting should be copied here, using the wording as it appeared in the church bulletin, paper, notice, or as it was announced from the pulpit. Minutes of meeting are not required.)
ANNUAL MEETING: Our Annual Church Meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 29, 1974, commencing with a meal at 6:30 p.m. We are urging all members to reserve this time and date for this special meeting. In addition to the election of officers for 1974, we will also take action on our new budget and constitution revisions. (Copied from Church Bulletin, January 6, 13, 20, and 27, 1974)
5. The number of members present at such meeting: 125
6. The number of members voting in favor of the amendment: 125
Signed this 9th day of December, 1974 by persons controlling the temporal affairs:
(Signatures of Thomas J. Crawford, Nicholas Hood, Eduerta Greene, and Lloyd F. Brown)
(Continued on Reverse Side)
STATE OF MICHIGAN)
County of Wayne)
On this 24th day of April, 1975, before me personally appeared* Nicholas Hood, Edverta Greene, Lloyd F. Brown, Thomas J. Crawford to me known to be the persons described in and who executed the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged that they executed the same as their free act and deed.
*All parties signing should appeard before the Notary.
(Signature of Joanella Williams) (Signature of Notary)
Joanela Williams (Print or type name of Notary)
Notary Public for Wayne County, State of Michigan.
My commission expires January 31, 1976 (Notarial seal required if acknowledgment taken out of State)
(Please do not write in spaces below - for Department use)
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE - CORPORATION AND SECURITIES BUREAU
MAY -7 1975
MAY 21 1975
Michigan Department of Commerce
MAY 22 1975
(Signature of Director), Director
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Certificate of Amendment – Ecclesiastical Corporations
1. This form may be used by ecclesiastical corporations only.
2. Section 182, Act 327, P.A. of 1931, as amended, provides that the articles of any ecclesiastical corporation may be amended at any meeting of the members of such corporation called for that purpose pursuant to the by-laws, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the members entitled to vote thereon present at such meeting, unless a different majority is required by the rules of discipline or by the church policy in any particular case.
3. The Certificate is required to be signed in ink by the person or persons controlling the temporal affairs of the corporation. All parties signing the Certificate are required to appear before a notary. Please print or type name under each signature and designate the capacity in which each signs… i.e., officer, director, or trustee, etc.
4. One original copy is required. A true copy will be returned by the Corporation and Securities Bureau to the person submitting the Certificate of Amendment for filing.
5. Filing fee…………$10.00 (Make fee payable to State of Michigan)
6. Mail form and fee to:
Michigan Department of Commerce
Corporation and Securities Bureau
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, Michigan 48904