Second Baptist Amendment 1983
Subjects: Corporate Records
Description: The 1983 Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation for the Second Baptist Church of the City of Detroit.
Date: May 16, 1983
Original Format: Corporate Document
Transcript: C&S 117 (For Use by Ecclesiastical Corporations) Certificate of Amendment to the Articles of Association
The undersigned persons who control the temporal affairs of the above named corporation, for the purpose of amending the Articles of Association of the corporation, do hereby execute the following Certificate of Amendment, pursuant to the provisions of Section 182, Act 327, Public Acts of 1931, as amended:
1. The name of the corporation is Second Baptist Church of the City of Detroit. The location of the registered office is 441 Monroe Street; Detroit, Michigan 48226.
2. Articles 5 of the Articles of Association is hereby amended to read as follows: (Any article being amended is required to be set forth in its entirety.)
At a regular election to be hereafter held, there shall be elected five trustees, clerk, tresaurer, and assistant treasurer; and the terms of office of the clerk, treasurer and assistant treasurer shall expire on the first Wednesday in January next ensuing after their election. The term of office of all trustees who may be hereafter elected shall expire on the first Wednesday on the Third January after their election, except that such incumbent clerk, treasurer, assistant treasurer and trustees whose terms have expired in office may be filled by election at any meeting of the church, provided that notice of said election shall have been given upon at least two Sundays next preceding such election, and in case of the failure to elect officers at the regular annual election, the vacancy or vacancies caused thereby may be filled in like manner and persons elected (continue on attached page)
3. The necessary number of members as required by statute, at a meeting held on the 16th dat of May, 1983, voted in facor of the amendment.
4. The following is a Copy of the Call for the Meeting (The call notifying the members of the meeting should be copied here, using the wording as it appeared in the church bulletin, paper, notice, or as it was announced from the pulpit. Minutes of meeting are not required.) Announced from the pulpit for regular quarterly meeting.
5. The number of members present at such meeting: 6
6. The number of members voting in favor of the amendment: 6
Signed this 16th day of May, 1983 by persons controlling the temporal affairs:
(Signature of Wardell C. Croft) Wardell C. Croft – Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Kenneth Haith) Kenneth Haith – Officer
(Signature of Amye Davis) Amye Davis – Officer and Trustee
(Signature of John T. McGee) John T. McGee – Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Aaron D. Childress) Aaron D. Childress – Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Tommie Rae Johnson) Tommie Rae Johnson – Officer and Trustee
(Continued on Reverse Side)
STATE OF MICHIGAN)
County of Wayne)
On this 16th day of May, 1983, before me personally appeared* Wardell C. Croft, Kenneth Haith, Amye Davis, John T. McGee, Aaron D. Childress, and Tommie Mac Johnson to me known to be the persons described in and who executed the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged that they executed the same as their free act and deed.
(Signature of Douglass D. Elliard), (Signature of Notary)
Douglas D. Elliard (Print or type name or Notary)
Notary Public for Wayne County, State of Michigan.
My commission expires April 23, 1984 (Notarial seal required if acknowledgment taken out of State)
*All persons signing should appear before the Notary.
(Please do not write in the spaces below. For Department use)
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE - CORPORATION AND SECURITIES BUREAU
JUN 03 1983
AUG 19 1983
SEP 21 1983
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Corporation & Securities Bureau
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Certificate of Amendment - Ecclesiastical Corporation
1. This form may be used by ecclesiastical corporations only.
2. Section 182, Act 327, P.A. of 1931, as amended, provides that the articles of any ecclesiastical corporation may be amended at any meeting of the members of such corporation called for that purpose pursuant to the by laws, by the affirmative vote of a majority is required by the rules of discipline or by the church policy in any particular case.
3. The Certificate is required to be signed in ink by the person or persons controlling the temporal affairs of the corporation. All parties signing the Certificate are required to appear before a notary. Please print or type name under each signature and designate the capacity in which each signs...i.e., officer, director, or trustee, etc.
4. One original copy is required. A true copy will be prepared by the Corporation and Securities Bureau and returned to the person submitting the Certificate of Amendment for filing.
5. Filing fee........................................................................................................................$10.00
(Make fee payable to State of Michigan)
6. Mail form and fee to:
Michigan Department of Commerce
Corporation and Securities Bureau
P. O. Drawer C
Lansing, Michigan 48904
CERTIFICATE OF AMENDMENT TO
THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH OF THE CITY OF DETROIT
as trustees, clerk, treasurer or assistant treasurer to fill vacancies for whatever cause arising shall continue in office during the un-expired portion of the term.
Further, that in the event that there are other officers than those set forth in this Article, either elected or appointed, and for which whose terms have expired, such officers shall also remain in office until their successors have been appointed or elected.
Signed this 16th day of May 1983 by persons controlling the temporal affairs:
(Signature of Wardell C. Croft) Wardell C. Croft - Officer and Trustee
(Signature of John T. McGee) John T. McGee - Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Kenneth Haith) Kenneth Haith - Officer
(Signature of Aaron D. Childress) Aaron D. Childress - Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Amye Davis) Amye Davis - Officer and Trustee
(Signature of Tommie May Johnson) Tommie May Johnson - Officer and Trustee
EXHIBIT 1 - Continuation of Amendment to Article 5