Little Rock Missionary Baptist Name Change
Subjects: Corporate Records
Description: The 2005 name change of Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church to The Historic Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church.
Date: September 1, 2005
Original Format: Corporate Document
Transcript: BCS/CD-516 (Rev. 12/03)
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND ECONOMIC GROWTH BUREAU OF COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Date Received: ADJUSTED TO AGREE WITH BUREAU RECORDS
SEP 27 2005
(FOR BUREAU USE ONLY)
This document is effective on the date filed, unless a subsequent effective date when 90 days after received date is stated in the document.
FILED SEP 29 2005
Administration BUREAU OF COMMERICIAL SERVICES
Tran Info: 1 11004015-1 09/08/05
Chk#: 20979 AMT: $10.00
Name: Little Rock Baptist Church
Address: 9000 Woodward
City: Detroit State: Mich ZIP Code: 48202
Document will be returned to the name and address you enter above. If left blank document will be mailed to the registered office.
CERTIFICATE OF AMENDMENT TO THE ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
For use by Ecclesiastical Corporations (Please read information and instructions on the last page)
Pursuant to the provisions of Act 327, Public Acts of 1931, the undersigned person(s) execute the following Certificate:
1. The present name of the corporation is: The Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church
2. The identification number assigned by the Bureau is: 841180
3. Article 1 of the Articles of Incorporation is hereby amended to read as follows: (Any article being amended is required to be set forth in its entirety.)
The name assume by the association and by which it shall be known in law is the Historic Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church.
4. The necessary number of members as required by statute voted in favor of the amendment at a meeting held on the 14th day of August, 2005.
5. The following is a copy of the Call for the Meeting: (The call notifying the members of the meeting should be copied here, using the wording as it appeared in the church bulletin, paper, notice, or as it was announced from the pulpit. Minutes of the meeting are not required.)
August 14, 2005. Where as it is to be notified and certified that the Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church name is being changed to the Historic Little Rock Memorial Baptist Church.
BCS/CD (Rev. 12/01)
6. The number of members present at such meeting: 921
7. The number of members voting in favor of the amendment: 921
Signed this 1st day of September, 2005 by the person(s) controlling the temporal affairs:
(Signature of Barbara Evans) (Signature) Barbara Evans (Type or Print Name)
(Signature of Dorothy Butler) (Signature) Dorothy Butler (Type or Print Name)
(Signature of Willie Matthew) (Signature) Willie Matthew (Type or Print Name)
(Signature of Bernard Herbert) (Signature) Bernard Herbert (Type or Print Name)
All signatures must be notorized. Attach separate notarizations if necessary.
State of Michigan)
County of Wayne)
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 1st day of September by Barbara Evans, Willie Matthew, Dorothy Butler, Bernard Herbert (All persons signing must appear before the notary. List names here.)
(Signature of Daisy Marie Walker-Pillow) (Signature of Notary) Daisy Marie Walker-Pillow (Type or Print Name of Notary)
Notary Public for Oakland County, State of Michigan.
DAISY MARIE WALKER-PILLOW
Notary Public, Oakland County, MI
My Commission Expires Sep. 26, 2007
The Historic Little Rock Baptist Church
Rev. Jim Holley, Ph.D., Pastor
Rev. James Hilliard, Assistant to the Pastor
Daisy Walker-Pillow, Chief Financial Officer
9000 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202
(313) 972-2901 Fax
Date: July 30, 2005
To: Board of Directors & Congregation
From: Pastor Jim Holley
Re: Notice to change the name of the church
Please be advised that on August 14, 2005 we will come together as a whole to vote on changing the name from Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church to The Historic Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church. Meeting will be held immediately after 11:00 am service. Please be present.
“The will of God will never lead you where the Grace of God cannot keep you.”