Little Rock Missionary Baptist Amendment 1976
Subjects: Corporate Records
Description: The 1976 amendment to the Articles of Incorporation for Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church.
Date: June 5, 1976
Original Format: Corporate Document
(For Use by Ecclesiastical Corporations)
CERTIFICATE OF AMENDMENT TO THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
THE UNDERSIGNED PERSONS who control the temporal affairs of the above named corporation, for the purpose of amending the Articles of Association of the corporation, do hereby execute the following Certificate of Amendment, pursuant to the provisions of Section 182, Act 327, Public Acts of 1931, as amended:
1. The name of the corporation is Little Rock Baptis t Church Little Rock Missionary Baptist Church
The location of the registered office is 4903 E. Maxwell (No. and Street) Detroit (Town or City), Michigan 48214 (Zip Code)
2. Article XIX VI of the Articles of Association is hereby amended added to read as follows: (Any article being amended is required to be set forth in its entirety.)
“IN THE EVENT OF DISSOLUTION, ALL ASSETS, REAL AND PERSONAL, SHALL BE DISTRIBUTED TO SUCH ORGANIZATIONS AS ARE QUALIFIED AS TAX EXEMPT UNDER SECTION 501(c)(3) OR THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OR THE CORRESPONDING PROVISIONS OF A FUTURE UNITED STATE INTERNAL REVENUE LAW.”
3. The necessary number of members as required by statute, at a meeting held on the 5th day of June, 1976, voted in favor of the amendment.
4. The following is a COPY OF THE CALL FOR THE MEETING (The call notifying the members of the meeting should be copied here, using the wording as it appeared in the church bulletin, paper, notice, or as it was announced from the pulpit. Minutes of meeting are not required.)
Dear Board Members:
There will be a special meeting on Saturday, June 5, 1976, for the purpose of amendment to the Constitution. Please be advised that the Church voted to suspend the Bi-Laws in order to accomplish the said amendment. The meeting will take place at 4:30 P.M. on above said date, your presence is necessary.
Rev. Jim Holley
5. The number of members present at such meeting: 23
6. The number of members voting in favor of the amendments: 23
Signed this 5th day of June, 1976 by persons controlling the temporal affairs:
(Signature of Andrew Robinson) (Andrew Robinson)
(Signature of Daisy Walker) (Daisy Walker)
(Signature of Vanderbilt Nelson) (Nelson Vanderbilt)
(Signature of Charles J. Holley) (Rev. Charles J. Holley)
(Signature of Bertha Kindle) (Bertha Kindle)
(Continued on Reverse Side)
State of Michigan)
County of Wayne)
On this 5th day of June, 1976, before me personally appeared* Andrew Robinson, Vanderbilt Nelson, Bertha Kindle, Rev. Charles J. Holley and Daisy Walker. to me know to be the persons described in and who executed the foregoing instrument and acknowledged that they executed the same in their free act and deed.
*All parties signing should appear before the Notary.
(Signature of Daisy M. Walker) (Signature of Notary)
Daisy M. Walker (Print or type name of Notary)
Notary Public for Wayne County, State of Michigan.
My commission expires 8-29-79
(Notarial seal required if acknowledgement taken out of State)
(Please do not write in spaces below – for Department use)
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE – CORPORATION AND SECURITIES BUREAU
Date Received: JUN 14 1976
FILED Michigan Department of Commerce
JUN 22 1976
(Signature of Director) Director
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Certificate of Amendment – Ecclesiastical Corporations
1. This form may be used by ecclesiastical corporations only.
2. Section 182, Act 327, P.A, of 1931, as amended, provides that the articles of any ecclesiastical corporation may be amended at any meeting of the members of such corporation called for that purpose pursuant to the by-laws, by the affirmative vote of a majority of the members entitled to vote thereon present at such meeting, unless a different majority is required by the rules of discipline or by the church policy in any particular case.
3. The Certificate is required to be signed in ink by the person or persons controlling the temporal affairs of the corporation. All parties signing the Certificate are required to appear before a notary. Please print or type name under each signature and designate the capacity in which each signs…i.e., officer, director or trustee, etc.
4. One original copy is required. A true copy will be prepared by the Corporation and Securities Bureau and returned to the person submitting the Certificate of Amendment for filing.
5. Filing fee…………$10.00
(Make fee payable to State of Michigan)
6. Mail form and fee to: Michigan Department of Commerce
Corporation and Securities Bureau
P.O. Drawer C
Lansing, Michigan 48904